[pacman-dev] issues again about our patch queue

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Thu Nov 9 18:22:53 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 04:50:08PM -0600, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, I've noticed that you distribute code directly from _your_ repo.
> Your repo indicates that it is "Frugalware's package manager" and
> there is not a single reference to "Arch" or "Archlinux" in there at
> all.

hm. should pacman be distro-independent? in that case i would propose
the following:

1) revert the changes like:

-       Object holding data from a pacman package.
+       Object holding data from an ArchLinux package.

or

-               """Creates a pacman package archive.
+               """Creates an ArchLinux package archive.

and so on

2) i would review our tree in case it contains such Frugalware-specific
statements

> You guys distribute source directly from your own repo, with
> functionality changes beyond the original codebase (things which were
> "develop[ed] independantly of the rest").

hm? every functional change is submitted here afaik

could you say an example?

(i assume an s/pkg.tar.gz/fpm/ is not a functional change)

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--
Developer of Frugalware Linux, to make things frugal - http://frugalware.org