[pacman-dev] issues again about our patch queue

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Thu Nov 9 19:09:03 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 05:44:48PM -0600, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we please be civil?

yes, of course.

> This is a back-handed request, and you know it is.

if it is distro-independent then any reference to Arch in the CVS
is a bug. am i right?

> http://swtch.com/plan9port/ Check out the big section that says
> "acknowledgements".
> http://www.dragonflybsd.org/ See the "What is DragonFly BSD?" section.

$ cat /usr/share/doc/pacman-3.4.2/AUTHORS
Judd Vinet <jvinet at zeroflux.org>
Aurelien Foret <aurelien at archlinux.org>

Miklós Vajna <vmiklos at frugalware.org>
Christian Hamar alias krix <krics at linuxforum.hu>

Josh Wheeler <deltalima at gmail.com>
David Kimpe <DNAku at frugalware.org>

we do mention Judd in our package. probably when pacman3 will hit your
repos, you'll remove our names from the package (by makepkg)

so who is who remove acknowledgements?

> against giving away some recognition.  It is a free commodity and the
> only payment those in the open source community get.

i see your point but see, removing acknowledgements is done by your
makepkg in every Arch package..

> Actually... I don't care anymore.  Feel free to not recognize people
> for their effort, and their work, and their contributions.

actually we're who contribute (to pacman) and you're who fork (ie.
libfetch) so we can't be the man who does not recognize other's
contribution..

while really trying to be civil - if i were you i would just leave this
thread as is and finally would do some real work

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--
Developer of Frugalware Linux, to make things frugal - http://frugalware.org