[pacman-dev] Time for changes

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 20:47:17 EDT 2006

On 10/4/06, VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:
> so, i don't plan to revert the copyright updates in our tree, but in
> case something is changed in the cvs (somehow we're listed as copyright
> holders) then of course i'll pull that change and drop our copyright
> fixes. and again, this whole "copyright thingy" from my part is about to
> be able to control under what license is my code distributed, not about
> hurting you in any way

This is illegal.  This is not about licenses.  This is about
copyright,  Everything here is under the GPL.

Let's review the "human readable" GPL:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/GPL/2.0/

I'll quote a sentence:
You must conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy
distributed an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty
and keep intact all the notices that refer to this License

You have not done this, and have now, on a public mailing list,
refused to comply with the GPL.  Is this an action you sure you want
to take?