[pacman-dev] Problems with frugalware splitname changes

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 19:27:37 EDT 2006

The changes to the alpm splitname function are fine and all, except
they do not accomodate archlinux packages, which do not append the
architecture to the end of the package name (instead we put them in
directories based on the architecture).

Could you please make these changes so that they can accomodate for
either arch of frugalware?  Currently, it directs pacman to install a
foo-1.0-1-.pkg.tar.gz package. (note the trailing dash).

I have a few more things to delve through, but I won't be back until
late tonight, so I figured I could poke you guys to make the change
(if you have time).

Thanks,
Aaron Griffin