[pacman-dev] Problems with frugalware splitname changes

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 00:25:15 EDT 2006

On 10/7/06, VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 06:27:37PM -0500, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> anyway, here are the original changes those could be #ifdef'ed:
> http://darcs.frugalware.org/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=pacman;a=commitdiff;h=20051210130500-e2957-45034dbd6b91518acd10ab7cc799231c7ba12de6.gz;

An ifdef would certainly work, but there's a point where to code is
going to diverge too greatly... I mean how many #ifdef FRUGALWARE
changes will we end up with.

In some of these cases, we should be able to check, on-the-fly, if it
has an arch name or not.  I don't know about _all_ of them, but it
should be straightforward to actually check....
I need to think about it though.  Arch packages do have an
architecture value, but it's not used in the package name, so it would
be a tad difficult to reconstruct...

I'm assuming there's no way to convince you guys to make extra dirs
for your different architectures instead of appending it to the
pakcage name, is there? 8)