[pacman-dev] Documentation

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:37:35 EDT 2006

I have merged all the changes from frugalware, and all pactests work
(except for sync898 which VMiklos and I already talked about).

Now, I'm on to the documentation.

$ grep -ir "frugal" | grep -ve "@frugalware.com" | wc -l
385

That's without email addresses.  So yeah, I didn't pay attention to
the documentation patches.

Most of these changes are PKGBUILD -> FrugalBuild.  I think I caught
all the pkg.tar.gz -> fpm and db.tar.gz -> fdb changes before
patching.

I'd like to see if we can some up with a decent way to allow for us to
use the same documentation base, as sedding this stuff on merge seems
like a waste of time.  The simplest solution is to just make them all
.in files and set autoconf variables like:
BUILD_SCRIPT_NAME = PKGBUILD
PKG_EXT = pkg.tar.gz #already discussed in the TODO
etc etc

Does this sound worthwhile? Are there other ideas? I'm trying to open
up discussion here and look for any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron