[pacman-dev] What about managing optional dependencies?

Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino themolok.ml at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 10:45:39 EDT 2006

I'm not (yet :) a good C programmer, so it's just a hint, and I don't
know if it's easily implementable in pacman, but sometimes there is
software that works even without another one, but having this installed
let you perform other functions (probably this sentence is bad written,
hope you all know what an "optionale dependency" is ;) .
As you know there is no way in pacman to handle this kind of dependency
except writing a warning message in the .install .
I think would be useful to have (at least) an array where to put this
type of deps. Am I just a fool?

--
Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino