[pacman-dev] Frugalware changes merged.

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Thu Oct 19 09:17:06 EDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 10:25:50AM -0500, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> So as of yesterday I checked in all frugalware changes I received.

thanks for doing it. a few comments (correct me if at some point i'm
wrong):

1) po4a detection is added 3 times to configure.ac

2) you forgot to cvs add the bindings directory, while you added the
bindings part to configure.ac

3) po4a support as been added to doc/Makefile.am, but the translations
in /doc/po/ are missing

4) you left several NoUpgrade files in pacman.conf while that directive
should not be used by default (it is something for users)

see http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2006-May/000321.html

5) libalpm/add.c: search for "Cleaning up", added 2 times

6) you've added a new callback parameter to alpm_db_register() which is
totally useless imho. the callback is called with the treename (which is
a parameter, too) and the database pointer, which is returned. so what's
the point of it?

7) in alpm.c:

- * @return a void* on success (the value), NULL on error
+ * @return a char* on success (the value), NULL on error
  */
 void *alpm_conflict_getinfo(pmconflict_t *conflict, unsigned char parm)

is this a typo? :)

8) i think you've reverted judd's following change:

* lib/libalpm/deps.c: bugfix: when looking at provides, defer to
the new, to-be-installed package's provisios instead of the the
existing package's

9) what is the benefit of this change in Makefile.am?

-       cd pactest; python pactest.py --test=tests/*.py -p        ../src/pacman/pacman --debug=-1
+       cd pactest; python pactest.py --test=tests/*.py -p        ../src/pacman/pacman --debug=1

it seems to be that this will disable all logging except debug. why is
this good?

10) i think you forgot to cvs add the /pactest/tests/ directory

11) i think you forgot to add the relevant copyright lines to
scripts/makepkg

12) you haven't removed src/pacman/db.[ch] while noone uses the
functions provided by them

also (as i promised earlier) i've corrected the copyright lines in our
tree according to the current state of the cvs

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--
Developer of Frugalware Linux, to make things frugal - http://frugalware.org