[pacman-dev] crash in pacman 2.9.8

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 14:43:54 EDT 2006

2006/10/24, VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org>:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 06:07:27PM +0300, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here's what I got few minutes ago.
>
> can you reproduce this with pacman3, too?

I doubt I can reproduce this even with pacman 2.9.8 :-/
This is the first time when this happened to me.
If I guess correctly there was an error when recovering from some
network error. I don't know how to reproduce this. Maybe only by using
VMware and two arch boxes - server (with package mirror) and client,
and forcing virtual "power off" for server machine. :-/ If I manage
how to reproduce this at all, then I try it with pacman 3 (I haven't
even compile it yet).

I was just running pacman -Syu on my seconf work from PuTTY at my
first work. (I often do so.) After this error I did nothing, so maybe
there are some logs left or maybe something in db is corrupted. Where
should I look to find possible traces?

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)