[pacman-dev] wrong description of configure switches

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 06:16:19 EDT 2006

2006/10/25, VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org>:
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 12:47:02PM +0300, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe. I just started to read diff/patch tutorial today. :-)
>
> 1) cp -a pacman-lib pacman-lib.orig
>
> 2) edit a file inside pacman-lib
>
> 3) diff -Naur pacman-lib.orig pacman-lib > foo.diff
>
> 4) ensure that foo.diff contains only what you want and send it
>
> to apply a patch:
>
> 1) cd pacman-lib
>
> 2) patch -p1 < foo.diff
>
> that's all :)

Thanks! It may sound strange but I develop in asm/C/PHP for many years
and have never made a single patch with diff. :-D (That's because I
mostly developed my own projects and other devs that I send some fixed
versions to were developing their libraries on Windows.)

So, here's my first "real" patch ever made. :-D

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)