[pacman-dev] cvs unusable on x86_64

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 16:45:14 EDT 2006

On 10/26/06, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/10/26, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> > Regardless, it's fixed and I integrated it into pacman.  It was pretty
> > quick, and let me remove about 500 lines.  I also got to change the
> > download callback format (thank god), as using about 50 different
> > 'global' variables was disgusting.  Of course, this breaks some things
> > until they use the new format (assuming it's ok).
>
> Aaron, it will be really cool if you make a Linux port of libfetch
> available not only from Arch CVS. AFAIK many people want something
> like libfetch under Linux. (I realized this even more while searched
> over Internet for Linux port of it)

I plan on it, but I will fork it.  One of my tabled projects, for a
long time, has been a decent "download" library for using external
resources.  I plan on adding segmented downloading among other things
(torrent and metalink support?), but that may be a long ways off.  I
will provide a patch to allow libfetch to compile under linux, mostly
unmolested, but I also plan on forking this for my own ideas 8)