[pacman-dev] cvs unusable on x86_64

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 18:20:24 EDT 2006

On 10/26/06, K. Piche <kevin.piche at cgi.com> wrote:
> The wierd thing is that ctl is not modified by log_progress.  The only
> explanation I can think of besides a compiler optimization bug is that
> log_progress accesses the fsz variable which is just before the ctl
> variable in main.  Moving the variable may fix it or refactoring the
> code in socket_wait to get different assembler output.

This is a close as anything could possibly come to modifying ctl, but
in this case it's just being silly and preventing compier warnings,
I'd assume.

src/pacman/download.c
	/* we don't need that parameter */
	ctl=NULL;

Just in case the compiler decides to do-something-it-shouldn't, could
you try switching this to a:
	/* we don't need that parameter */
	(void)ctl;

That's as close as I can get