[pacman-dev] problem with the configure.ac change

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Tue Oct 31 04:49:01 EST 2006

hi

-       CFLAGS="-g -Wall -Werror -std=c99 -DPACMAN_DEBUG"
+       CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -g -Wall -Werror -std=c99 -DPACMAN_DEBUG"

this change means that in case the user has set CFLAGS, we'll use it.
this is very bad during the debug, for example we have -O2 in CFLAGS by
default and that means small functions will be optimized out and so on.
that "ignore $CFLAGS if debug enabled" thingy was not by accident. if we
debug then we should ignore the more or less problematic cflags

in addition of you use both -O2 and -Werror, you'll get additional
warnings wich will break the build..

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--