[pacman-dev] problem with the configure.ac change

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 13:42:06 EST 2006

On 10/31/06, VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:
> why do you think warnings are useful for a user? i think they're totally
> useless for a user (who does not know the code)

They're not really.  The big issue is, though, any code in:
#ifdef PACMAN_DEBUG
#else
#endif
is not checked for warnings.

For all intents and purposes, warnings should always be removed as
best as possible.  I, also, don't really think of "compiling in
non-debug mode" as a "user task", and trying to minimize things to
that point is not beneficial to either party.

Warnings are always worthwhile.  I've built tons of software that
spams warnings at me.  Hell, I've even submitted patches simply
because the warnings were irritating (Torque)