[pacman-dev] Crypto algorithms

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 20:21:01 EDT 2007

We have a rather ragtag set of cryptography functions in use right
now, and weird files being used (md5driver? wtf). Looking around I
came across these LGPLed hash libraries that we can probably use in
pacman.

BeeCrypt- http://directory.fsf.org/security/crypt/BeeCrypt.html
Documentation- http://beecrypt.sourceforge.net/doxygen/c/index.html

Any reason not to go for this? I haven't looked super closely but I
think it would make sense to clean this up a bit in order to allow for
any future extensibility we may want. These seem like cleanly written
algorithms that we can drop in to our code base as they are LGPL.

Thoughts appreciated. Have to start cleaning somewhere.