[pacman-dev] Crypto algorithms

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Mon Apr 9 07:59:13 EDT 2007

Na Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 08:21:01PM -0400, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> pisal(a):
> We have a rather ragtag set of cryptography functions in use right
> now, and weird files being used (md5driver? wtf).

md5driver is _the_ standard md5 hashing algorithm, just like the sha1
one. and of course it's portable after krix reverted some (probably
accident) changes Judd made to the original one. grep for md5.*x86_64 in
/usr/share/doc/pacman-*/NEWS. oh, you remove documentation sorry :(

i hope you'll switch to libcurl instead of "weird files being used
(libdownload? wtf)" soon

or maybe using kioslave would be even better ;)

VMiklos

--
developer of Frugalware Linux - http://frugalware.org