[pacman-dev] Speed again

Nagy Gabor ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Tue Apr 10 03:22:34 EDT 2007

Hi!
I said my opinions about speed here in this mailing list already, I
summarized this in the Frugalware mailing list:
http://frugalware.org/pipermail/frugalware-devel/2007-January/003043.html
http://frugalware.org/pipermail/frugalware-devel/2007-February/003197.html

I implemented 4.) + a repo converter about one month ago and some group
specific operations are much faster with this patch on my machine. But
I'm disappointed now because I realized that 6.) is the real problem
which we cannot do too much with. So I won't implement
1-5.) => this patch is worthless (and not the most optimal, because I
wanted to do a proof of concept only and show how my ideas work, a
deeper rewrite needed to radically speed up these parts of pacman); but
you may find some interesting parts in it ;-)

Bye, Nagy Gabor