[pacman-dev] Fwd: Pacman translation into Polish

Mateusz Jędrasik m.jedrasik at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:54:26 EDT 2007

Thursday 12 of April 2007 13:48:52 Roman Kyrylych napisał(a):
> 2007/4/12, Mateusz Jędrasik <m.jedrasik at gmail.com>:
> > I have also sent this e-mail earlier however I see it has not yet reached
> > the mailing lists (perhaphs because I wasn't subscribed to it at the
> > time) and, willing to rather avoid somebody starting a Polish translation
> > without knowing about my current efforts, I'm willing to risk being
> > responsible for a duplicate copy on the mailing lists.
>
> No, I don't see duplicate message.
> Welcome to pacman-dev ML!
> It's always good to see new translations. :-)

Cheers;

I've completed the pacman translation apart from one string; It's still a bit
rough around the edges, but it is certainly a step forward and some base for
future improvements. I am currently testing it with pacman locally, so expect
changes.

I was also wondering about pacman mirrors since there isn't for example a
reasonable polish mirror available currently - they're both very out of
date/sync.

How much traffic/bandwidth usage does such a mirror generate, on average?

I could maybe be able to set up such a mirror locally in Poland, or help with
organizing one; Does archlinux community provide with server equipment for
dedicated mirrors in such case, or would that be necesary to set up on the
mirror side, and if so, how big in MB/GB would such a mirror then be?

Regards,

//m.
--
Mateusz Jędrasik <m.jedrasik at gmail.com>