[pacman-dev] "pacman -S" test

Nagy Gabor ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Fri Apr 20 12:34:14 EDT 2007

> welcome to the world of the pacman-g1 development ;) at least it
> passes here with our packages (3000+) in less than a minute
Hi!

Hm. I haven't found any interesting difference between the 2
sortbydeps (except that you renamed libalpm to libpacman ;-). So I
may have run into a dependency cycle which forces sortbydeps to do all
the sqrt(n) steps, which doesn't exist in your repos. It would be
helpful if you'd do your test with AL repos (I did the test with
current, extra and community). Note: there are some broken deps in
community ;-).

Bye, ngaba

PS: I may also repeat the test for one repo only.