[pacman-dev] Fix for overwritten NoUpgrade files

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 17:50:00 EDT 2007

Looks good to me.
I ran the script, then removed the NoUpgrade from pacman.conf ,
then reinstalled the packages owning the default files in NoUpgrade :
  pacman -S filesystem grub initscripts lilo module-init-tools sudo

so it extracted a bunch of unneeded pacnew files that I removed :
  rm /etc/*.pacnew /boot/grub/menu.lst.pacnew
but it also fixed the database in the same time :)

With pacman 3, I wouldn't even have needed to remove the files from
NoUpgrade before reinstalling the packages. It would still have fixed
the database.

So well, looks like it at least works correctly in the common case :d