[pacman-dev] [patch] add support for scriptlets functions embedded in $BUILDSCRIPT

Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino themolok.ml at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 20:34:06 EDT 2007

On Thu 2007-08-02 17:12 , Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On 8/1/07, Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino <themolok.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ping?
> > A "Won't merge because..." would be appreciated too :)
>
> Sorry sorry. Blame me, I've been slacking in my duties for too long.
>
> I actually think I like this. Have you tested it? I just want to
> verify that it is backwards compatible and all that.

I tested it on few packages, it is backwards compatible because it
checks for the existence of a .install file too, BUT if you simply
concatenate the PKGBUILD and the .install, then it could not work because
of shared variables between the .install functions and others particular
operation on the .install file made by the build function (as Travis and
VMiklos pointed out).

The variables like KERNEL_VERSION should be added in all
{post,pre}_{install,upgrade,remove} function and I admit this is
not the best way and not even very intuitive, but I can't see any
non-hackish way to handle it.

--
Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino
Arch Linux Trusted User

Please send personal email to themolok at gmail.com

Public Key http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFE0270FB
GPG Key ID = 1024D / FE0270FB 2007-04-11
Key Fingerprint = 9AF8 9011 F271 450D 59CF  2D7D 96C9 8F2A FE02 70FB