[pacman-dev] [patch] for sync1003.py

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 05:01:55 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 09:02:43PM +0200, ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu wrote:
> > TODO: I did a dirty hack in sync_prepare (now sync990.py fails), I will
> Well, that patch is broken: pkg3 should be installed (pkg1 needs it.)

I think you meant pactest here, not patch.
In this case, I agree that sync990 pactest looks broken.

If a package foo is providen by package bar, then other packages should depend
on foo, not bar.
AFAIK, that's always the case in practice, so it shouldn't matter to define
this rule.

So for this particular pactest, pkg1 should depend on pkg2 (provided by pkg3)
instead of pkg3. But then the pactest doesn't make much sense anymore.