[pacman-dev] hackish --ask option ?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 19:04:09 EDT 2007

Another interesting post from the forum :

The documentation of the --ask option is quite funny indeed :
--ask number
Pre-specify answers to questions. It is doubtful whether
this option even works, so I would not recommend using
it.  TODO:  docu-
ment this more, as I have no idea how it
works or when you would use it, or if we
should just dump it.

I made an attempt of understanding what this option did, and then documenting
it, but I doubt it's clear enough.

I'm not sure what should be done here :
1) trying to document this option better
2) trying to implement this feature in a better way
3) just dropping it (not sure that's a good idea, since it's apparently
  useful in some cases).

I think that's also low priority (ie not needed for 3.1), but feel free to
comment on this issue.