[pacman-dev] Outdated comments in sync.c code ?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 07:21:54 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 12:18:10AM -0400, Dan McGee wrote:
> If you turn this into a GIT patch (it looks legit to me that you
> followed the directions) that adds two pactests and removes the wrong
> comments, I'll pull it in.
>
> You might want to name the tests a little more descriptively:
> "Ensure we choose provider already in target list"
> "Install package with dep that conflicts with older version of package"

By the way, Nagy already removed these two comments when reworking the code
in sync.c (everything in my sync branch).
Otherwise, these pactests aren't very interesting, but maybe they could still
be added as a reference.
I actually have more interesting pactests, but I didn't submit them, because
they all pass (or nearly).

The thing is, I find pactest very useful for debugging and understanding the
code. I generally add a new pactest for triggering a part of the code I'm
looking at.
The big problem I have is to know if an existing package already triggered
it. There are so many of them, it's not easy to tell. And the more we add,
the harder it will be.

When I get a failing pactest though, I know it's different in a way with all
others, so I'm more confident for submitting it :)