[pacman-dev] hackish --ask option ?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:04:31 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 04:51:53PM +0200, VMiklos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Na Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 03:04:30PM -0400, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> pisal(a):
> > Anyone against dropping it for purposes of being KISS? I think you are
> > really relying on consistent pacman behavior which I can assure you
> > does not always happen.
> >
> > Or at least drop the current implementation and let someone fix it up
> > to something that makes sense as proposal #2 states.
>
> see the "Transaction Conversations" section of alpm.h, why is it
> hackish?

Actually, that's partly what I was asking.

> or if we think that manually ORing the options is hackish, then why not
> removing the --debug option, too?

It was removed as well. A while ago, we actually had a discussion about it, I
complained that I found the --debug option was not configurable enough.
That only applied to arch pacman, not fw one.

I personally don't have problems with ORing options, especially if these
options are only used by developers.