[pacman-dev] Future pacman development (3.2/4.0)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 09:25:33 EDT 2007

On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 09:13:50AM -0400, Travis Willard wrote:

> lmao - looks like I'm a little late into this discussion, aren't I?
> Oh, well, if you guys really think it belongs in the frontend, I guess
> that's where it's going to stay.

I don't really have any strong opinion on this.
But now vmiklos got some backup :p
Considering it has just recently been moved back to the frontend, where it
originally was, I don't see it moving again any time soon though.
So I'm afraid you are a bit late indeed.

But maybe just wait for Dan's answer on your concerns :)

> DAMNIT - foiled again.  Yeah, that's a great way to do the mirror list,
> although it lacks the capability of saying "Mirror X supports only
> current and extra" - I suppose if there's a fallback mechanism to the
> next mirror on the list if the first fails, then it's handled on its
> own.

That's what is supposed to happen indeed.