[pacman-dev] Fix reason handling before 3.1 (was: Final steps before 3.1 release)

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Tue Dec 4 07:00:36 EST 2007

Idézés Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>:

> > > If you are referring to your pending sync.c patch, here is the situation
> : ...
> >
> > No, I didn't refer to that. But that is still interesting ;-) I just said,
> that
> > I won't create patch for something which I don't really (want to)
> understand
> > [that's why sync044.py-fix depends on sync.c-fix in my TODO list]
> >

> Ok, so I just think this is another argument for considering the merge of
> your sync.c fix as soon as possible, and this could motivate you to work on
> a fix for sync044 and/or other related things after 3.1 release.

Thx, and of course I totally agree with you ;-)

I add an other small issue here: when the current code removes a package from
the target list it also removes the locally installed package (if any), which
can be needless (versioned conflicts, provision-conflicts, etc.) <- but at least
by doing this it avoids appearing new conflicts

Bye