[pacman-dev] [arch-general] Package group xorg-video-drivers: intel conflict

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 13:13:57 EST 2007

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 10:47:00AM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Hmm, it almost makes sense to do something of the sort:
>
> int alpm_add_target(pmtrans_t *trans, const char *pkgname)
> {
>    if(is_ignored(pkgname)) {
>       return PM_ERR_PKG_IGNORED;
>    }
> }
>

> if(alpm_add_target(trans, "xorg-video-something") == PM_ERR_PKG_IGNORED) {
>    puts("omg the package was ignored, panic panic!");
> }
>
> At least, that is how I'd think it through.

sync_addtarget had some sort of Ignore support before, but I didn't find it
consistent :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-November/010112.html
So I removed it in 8f824e70b. But clearly, I didn't take the group case in
consideration.
I dislike that we can't make the distinction between a group and a simple
target here, but well.. Probably just having sync_addtarget always ignore the
packages would be easier, like in what you are suggesting.