[pacman-dev] abs split from pacman before release

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Thu Dec 20 09:32:49 EST 2007

> We are close to release, folks. Anything else outstanding that is
> critical?

Well, we have some serious failing pactests (my actual "top-list":
I. trans001, II. fileconflict001), but these needs deep code rewrite,
so we can fix these in 3.2.

I mention FS#8899 and FS#8897 here, which show that the current conflict
resolving is just ugly. These are not critical problems at all, but
IMHO the current state of resolving code is almost critical, and I'm
not sure that new (serious) conflict-resolving bugs won't appear after
release <- When I've created those pactests I tried to understand the
current code as deeply as possible, but maybe I've missed something.
And he have a (regression?) patch for this in Xavier's sync branch.

would happy if we didn't release that ugly sync_prepare code (without
delay).

Bye