[pacman-dev] Remaining issues
shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 06:12:37 EST 2007
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 11:53:24PM -0600, Dan McGee wrote:
> We are close to release, folks. Anything else outstanding that is critical?
Hm well, nothing critical, but I thought there were several things that
needed to be taken care of before the release, and not much happened during
these last two weeks (sorry, I didn't have much time).
1) not important, easy to fix:
* -Ru patch from Nagy is ready for quite a while, and it doesn't change any
existing behavior, it just adds a new feature (however, it adds a new message
to be translated) -> my unneeded branch
2) more important, easy to fix:
* testdb is broken
I fixed this on my testdb branch, and also added conflicts checking. nothing
* one memleak from Nathan was apparently ignored :
and also, a little and good patch for ignorepkg :
both pushed to my working branch
3) important, hard to fix:
* the backup handling is in a poor situation :
(with 3.1 , reinstalling filesystem makes the .pacnew appear though)
* another weird issue with directory symlinks
these two areas are my favorites (read: this really pisses me off).
More information about the pacman-dev