[pacman-dev] CVS update of pacman-lib (4 files)

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 05:09:33 EST 2007

2007/2/4, dan at archlinux.org <dan at archlinux.org>:
>    Date: Sunday, February 4, 2007 @ 13:28:21
>  Author: dan
>
> Modified: AUTHORS (1.6 -> 1.7) TODO.dan (1.2 -> 1.3)
>          etc/makepkg.conf.in (1.9 -> 1.10) scripts/makepkg (1.41 -> 1.42)
>
> * Updated makepkg to use a new form of options. These two arrays now replace
>  most of the former options in makepkg.conf, and are described in detail
>  there:
>   BUILDENV=(fakeroot !distcc color !ccache)
>   OPTIONS=(strip !docs !libtool emptydirs)
>  Note that PKGBUILD specified options will always have final say. They will
>  now be specified as they are above, except using lowercase 'options' array.
> * makepkg was fixed so options actually work as expected.

This means that no* should be modified to !* in every pkgbuild.
In case of nolibtool no changes are needed, because !libtool is
default (all nolibtool options from all pkgbuilds can be just removed
eventually).
But nostrip and keepdocs in all pkgbuilds must be changed to !strip and docs.
What should we do with this? Just post a big fat warning before first
public pacman release? Or do aliasing: keepdocs = docs, nostrip =
!strip until pacma 3.1?

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)