[pacman-dev] x86-64 builds?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 11:08:38 EST 2007

On 2/6/07, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2007 16:10:12 schrieb Dan McGee:
> > That would be nice, thanks.
>
> OK, I just compiled it and it seems to work on Arch64. Are there any special
> test-cases I should try out? Is it save to install and remove packages on
> a "productive" system?

I've had no problems. The worst that has happened is a segfault, but
never any DB corruption. It is getting more stable by the day.

> Are there any big changes to makepkg and co or are they still the same (and I
> do not need testing them)?

They have changed quite a bit; however, nothing there SHOULD be
architecture dependent. You will notice that all PKGBUILDs now require
a arch=() array, which right now could contain i686 and/or x86_64. The
configuration file for makpkg.conf has also changed. In our actual
release, we will find a way to notify users of changes like this.