[pacman-dev] Documentation and manpages [was: Release Schedule for 3.0]

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 12:38:05 EST 2007

On 2/6/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will see what i can do about the -S/-Su check AND makepkg
> documentation in the next few hours.

For manpages, what is our call? I feel like I may get stuck updating
some of this, and this is my proposal:
pacman.8: Similar to current pacman manpage, just updated/corrected
for new options.
makepkg.8: Document the makepkg program itself- eg command line flags,
makepkg.conf if that is not a separate manpage, and refer people to
PKGBUILD.5 for actual reference on building packages.
PKGBUILD.5: Documentation for the actual format of a PKGBUILD,
documenting all possible options and arrays,etc.
libalpm.3: Actual documentation of the library functions. As well
still want to clean this up, this is probably a low priority manpage,
and the doxygen ones will suffice for now.

Other possibilities:
makepkg.conf.?
pacman.conf.?

Thoughts on this?