[pacman-dev] pacman translations

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 11:37:15 EST 2007

2007/2/7, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>:
> Am Mittwoch, 7. Februar 2007 03:48:11 schrieb Dan McGee:
> > As I said above, all of the po files are now updated. So those that
> > started and made early replies on this thread, it is go time if you
> > want to start the translations. I don't know much about it as I've
> > never had to do it, but Alessio replied below about putting the
> > gtranslator tool in community, and I believe the KDE equivalent kbabel
> > may be useful as well. If not, just go straight to a text editor and
> > do it that way.
>
> OK, we started our translation. Which character-encoding do you want? I think
> utf8 should be best choice because we could use it for every language.

Hm, is there a possibility to have two choices?
For example, Ukrainians, Russians and other people with Cyrillic
alphabet still  prefer KOI8-U / KOI8-R often, because UTF-8 is still
buggy in plain text console (there is a big bug-collector for these
issues, but most of them are not fixed yet).

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)