[pacman-dev] Release Schedule for 3.0

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:05:57 EST 2007

On 2/7/07, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> so it won't be hard
> for him/her to add license field and notify package maintainer about
> this (and bug mantainer until he fixes his package)

Just for the record, though, what I'm trying to say is that adding a
license to an AUR package is *non-trivial*.  What about dual licensed
packages? Is it 'GPL' or 'GPL2' or 'GPLv2' ? Where do I find that
info? What about custom licenses.  What if it has 3 custom licenses.
What if it has a common(ish) license that's just not there yet, do I
add that as a custom license or not?
It's complex.  It's not as simple as just adding a line to the
PKGBUILD.  And if we force people to add "license=unknown" then we're
not really forcing much except some extra typing.