[pacman-dev] Bug #5775

Georg Grabler ggrabler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 13:11:20 EST 2007

Hmh, i don't know how that exactly works, i never have been TU or able
to commti any package.

The MD5SUMs seem to be saved server side in the package caches. This
provides two points of failrue:
- The packge wasn't completely transferred.
- The package was already corrupted before uploading.

The 2nd point should be checked by the packagers, installing the packages.

I still think that the md5sums should actually be provided (how ever
that could be implemented) by the maintainers, and just be taken to
the repo by your server side scripts (?).
In this case, the package would never appear if the sums don't match.

Though, what is  a bit curious:
They said after rebooting the system it worked. That would mean the
package was not corrupted. Or was this just on the one bug report i
read?

Kind regards,
Georg