[pacman-dev] Deadline for translations?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 23:20:24 EST 2007

On 2/11/07, Giovanni Scafora <linuxmania at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/2/11, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> > That would be great. Keep in mind that having a good start to the
> > translation helps a lot, obviously messages will change but the
> > translation tools rectify that. There have been a few minor string
> > changes since we last updated the po files, but nothing huge.
> I hope to send italian .po files within 2 days.
> I waited for your OK to translate man pages and docs.

Quick comment on this- I need to do some more research, but I'd love
to move the manpages to a  different (hopefully easier) format than
straight groff macros like they are now. This obviously isn't going to
happen soon, so if you feel like a lot of people will benefit from a
translation, then go ahead, but if we do go ahead with a migration to
something else, it may make more sense to wait on the translation.

By the way, is anyone working on updating the French translation (po
files)? I know we have one and I don't remember anyone on this list
saying they could update it. If anyone wants to step forward and do
that, it would be appreciated.


More information about the pacman-dev mailing list