[pacman-dev] community is active by default

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 16:16:50 EST 2007

2007/2/13, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>:
> I think [community] should be disabled by default, too. Useres should use it
> at their own risk and they should know that those packages are maintained by
> the community. Another important point is bugreporting. Users should not file
> bug-reports of community-packages at bugs.archlinux.org; and I think they`ll
> do if it is enabled by default.

I agree with your second point (about bugreporting), but I don't think
disabling of community by default solves this issue. I close few bugs
in AUR (mostly Community) packages every week.
Instead, a big fat warning on bugs.archlinux.org is needed to pay
users' attention to this.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)