[pacman-dev] A starting point

Scott Horowitz stonecrest at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 16:34:57 EST 2007

On 2/13/07, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is going to be hosed that better already be protected in the
> package's backup=() array? If it is really something crucial, a bug
> should be filed against the package and have that file included in the
> array by default.

Speaking of which, shouldn't a package's PKGBUILD be able to define a
file as such? If so, maybe keep the backup=() array in pacman.conf for
backwards compatibility and/or to overwrite the PKGBUILDs preference.
But having hard-coded information relevant to packages (many of which
a user might not even have installed) living outside of the package
itself and in the package manager's config is a bit illogical to me.

Scott