[pacman-dev] community is active by default

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 16:45:31 EST 2007

On 2/13/07, Giovanni Scafora <linuxmania at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/2/13, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>:
> > Well, at the moment bugs cannot assigned to TUs. Perhaps it might be a good
> > idea to introduce a community-section; but i don`t think we should discuss
> > this at pacman-dev ;-)
>
> I think the field comments is sufficient.

So, what if a package has 20 or so bugs over the course of it's
lifetime.  Each bug having 2-3 responses from the maintainer and the
users.  That's a lot of comments with no order to it.  One could say
"delete the old ones", but then you lose history, which is important
sometimes.

AUR comments are NOT sufficient to replace a full blown bug tracker.
Hell, if it WAS sufficient, why don't we move the AUR comments scheme
to the official package list?  No more package bugs in the bug
tracker, use the package comments.  Sounds like a bad idea.  For the
same reason, deeming AUR comments sufficient for bug tracking is
equally as bad.