[pacman-dev] (Most likely) final RC before going to testing

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 01:49:23 EST 2007

Fixed the segfault below.  New package is here:
http://archlinux.org/~aaron/pacman/pacman-rc-2007.02.22-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz

On 2/21/07, Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino <themolok.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> sudo pacman3 -U ~/packages/ncmpc-svn-5200-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz
> Internal pacman error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report, with the given package if appropriate.

Well, this is fixed, but not in the way it should be.  The actual
error is related to http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/3492 and is a
complicated fix.  For right now, I'm reporting an error due to:
a) the difficulty in fixing that *correctly*
b) the fact that it is an edge case, an operation typically done with -S

Here is my output (trimmed for email purposes):

$ sudo pacman3 -U ncmpc-svn-5200-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz
 ncmpc-svn           79.6K  112.7K/s 00:00:01 [###########] 100%
checking dependencies...
error: replacing packages with -A and -U is not supported yet
error: please remove 'ncmpc' first, using -Rd
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)

While it's not the best solution, it will work for the time being.