[pacman-dev] make dist targets

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 16:26:46 EST 2007

On 2/21/07, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried something new today:
>     make dist-gzip
> which should give us a gzipped archive of the code, perfect for the
> release. Not so perfect was its non-inclusion of most of our C header
> files, with the exception of alpm.h and alpm_list.h. If anyone is good
> with automake and knows what needs to be done to get the rest to be
> included (without exporting these headers to system include
> directories), go for it.
>
> -Dan

Woo! This took a while:

pacman-3.0.0 archives ready for distribution:
pacman-3.0.0.tar.gz

But after some checkins on the way, make dist and all its relatives
(make distcheck, make dist-bzip or whatever) should be working great.
The only problem so far is that make distcheck runs a clean config,
and we need it to run with --disable-fakeroot. Otherwise we have a
completely working autotools CVS -> source package solution, as far as
I can tell.