[pacman-dev] Bug with pacman -Ss

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 16:32:51 EST 2007

On 2/23/07, Douglas Soares de Andrade <dsandrade at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I discovered a bug in pacman -Ss. Try in your consoles:
>
> pacman -Ss dvd+rw

Its not actually a bug. You are looking at pacman interpreting regular
expressions, so '+' is a special character. You'll note that if you
escape it like the following (and use quotes) it will work fine.
pacman -Ss "dvd\+rw"

> Another doubt:
>
> Why it is giving me this response:
>
> warning: dvd+rw-tools-7.0-1 is up to date -- skipping
> local database is up to date
>
> About:
>
> warning: dvd+rw-tools-7.0-1 is up to date -- skipping
>
> I already know that it is up to date because of this line:
>
> :: dvd+rw-tools-7.0-1: local version is up to date. Upgrade anyway? [Y/n] n
>
> Why not keep the pacman2 behaviour ?

Not sure on this one, I'll have to look into it more. However, it is
bad that it gives you confirmation of your behavior?