[pacman-dev] (Most likely) final RC before going to testing

Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino themolok.ml at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 10:37:46 EST 2007

On 08:59 Sun 25 Feb     , James Rosten wrote:

> > When I'm doing a system upgrade or installing a package and i run
> > makepkg3, it complains for pacman already running and tell that can
> > not
> > do the dependency check or so.
> > Is this a bug or an intended behaviour?
>
> Could you tell us what makepkg3's output was because I think
> stonecrest mentioned this on IRC and knowing if it is the same thing
> would be helpful.

here it is:

(12000)$> makepkg3
==> Entering fakeroot environment
==> Making package: gpomme 1.1-3 (Sun Feb 25 16:34:25 CET 2007)
==> Checking Runtime Dependencies...
error: unable to lock database
==> ERROR: pacman3 returned a fatal error (1):
       if you're sure a package manager is not already running,
       you can remove /tmp/pacman.lck
==> Checking Buildtime Dependencies...
==> Retrieving Sources...
   -> Found gpomme-1.1.tar.gz in build dir
==> Validating source files with md5sums
    gpomme-1.1.tar.gz ... Passed
==> WARNING: Integrity checks (sha1) are missing or incomplete.
==> Extracting Sources...
   -> tar -xf gpomme-1.1.tar.gz
==> Removing existing pkg/ directory...
[...]