[pacman-dev] bug in alpm/deps.c

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 16:40:43 EST 2007

On 2/25/07, Nagy Gabor <ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> The solution: Let foo is the updateable package (we update it with
> foo2), its requiredby packages: r_1, r_2, r_3 ... . We need to provide:
> "if r_i depends on foo through 'dep' then foo2 satisfies 'dep'
> dependency too" for all i. This can be done easily with alpm_depcmp.
> (We don't need the slow alpm_db_whatprovides at all.)

Not to be a nag or anything, but I've said this a lot recently.
Everyone has ideas; good ideas, bad ideas, ideas in general.  Your
ideas are actually good.  The problem is that I barely have enough
time to implement all *my* ideas, so I know I don't have time to
implement yours.

While these are decent ideas, the best thing you can do is actually
provide a patch to this list.  Please read the "submitting-patches"
file in the cvs root of pacman-lib.

Thanks,
Aaron