[pacman-dev] 'replaces' confusion

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 12:34:02 EST 2007

On 2/26/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/26/07, Travis Willard <travisw at wmpub.ca> wrote:
> The REAL question here is, should the pacman 3.0 release be delayed
> for something like this, or should we hold of until 3.1?

Although it feels good to do a release (and I'm sure its presence
would be appreciated on the 0.8 ISO's, although we all know this
really isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be), should we
just instead get pacman into the form we will be happy with for a
major version number release? We can mark something soon in CVS as
"stable", and if people are really looking for an upgrade, then they
can go there. We could even through it in the unstable repo if demand
was high.

Just putting my two cents out there, be interesting to see what other
people think about postponing release.


More information about the pacman-dev mailing list