[pacman-dev] CVS update of pacman-lib/pactest (pmenv.py tests/upgrade056.py)

Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino themolok.ml at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 20:34:55 EST 2007

On 18:31 Tue 27 Feb     , Dan McGee wrote:
> On 2/27/07, Nagy Gabor <ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> [...]
> > -anyway, there is only one type of provide-dependencies (however, a
> > "virtual" version number may not be useless: webserver 2.0 for example)
>
> I don't know about the usefulness of this, but its worth looking into.

A couple of days ago I was talking with DaNiMoTh about this:

foo-1.1 was in current, and he was writing a PKGBUILD for a software
that needs foo >= 2.0 , but he also maintains a PKGBUILD for foo-svn,
in this case, a provides=('foo-2.0') would be useful, so IMHO makes
sense to implement it.
Just my 2 eurocents.

--
Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino