[pacman-dev] Fun little bug- pacman3 fails to remove flex and words packages correctly

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 12:04:31 EST 2007

On 1/18/07, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> flex: /usr/bin/flex exists in filesystemflex

This worries me.  It appears that some spaces have been removed from
the deps in the DB, merging "filesystem" and "flex" as one name.

As for the "cannot remove file" stuff.  The error makes sense now.
What file can't it find?
usr/man/man1/flex.1.gz
NOT
/usr/man/man1/flex.1.gz

The issue is in unlink_file.  It uses the version of the file which
DOESN'T have the current root prepended.
I fixed this in CVS (and added the absolute path to some output there as well).