[pacman-dev] Codingstyle

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 14:06:20 EST 2007

On 1/19/07, James Rosten <seinfeld90 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just how lenient are you on the spaces in conditionals and loops thing :P ? Like:
>     for ( int i = 0; i; ++i ) {

I haven't figured that one out in the scope of this codebase, so we'd
have to ask judd about that.
Personally, I prefer no spaces between the token and opening paren,
and spaces after each ; and between operators:

  for(int i = 0; i && i < 4; ++i)

But that's just my preference.  I also prefer to align args oddly in
the case of newlines:

  if(x == 4
     && y == 7
     && z > 23) {

But again, there's no concise "ruling" on that, so I say do what feels best.

> Also, I'm kind of curious to know whats behind the return(0); instead of return 0;
> decision.  I'll do it like a function, but I'm just curious.

I'm not entirely sure of that myself.  I'm one of those people who
doesn't force a coding style into something, and that's just the way
95% of the pacman code does it.... you'd have to ask judd (if he's
even alive, heh).