[pacman-dev] New pacman testing RC

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 05:07:19 EST 2007

So, there's been a handful of changes recently.  Most have been code
cleanup, but there were some performance improvements and all that
jazz too.

New RC has pkgrel 5 and is here: http://archlinux.org/~aaron/pacman/

In case you haven't been following, this DOES install side-by-side
with the existing pacman.  You should have nothing to fear (except
fear itself?)

For the record, this has a changelog in it now, so if you install it
with pacman3 you can then pacman3 -Qc pacman-rc to see the changelog
(currently, abysmally empty - I suck at documentation).

If you guys can, please please test this out.

Here are the pending bugs still:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?cat=6&type=1

I'd like to get the "Critical" and "High" ones complete and pushed out
of there before giving this URL to the masses (soon, I swear it this
time!) for better testing.  All-in-all, I'd like to have nothing but
"Low" / "Very Low" (excepting Feature Requests) before pushing this
out.

Thanks everyone, and special thanks to all the new contributors.  We
currently have 5 people stepping up to the plate and helping out with
this, which is great, and highly appreciated.